The Procurement Analyst’s (“PA”) primary responsibility is to provide analytical support to the procurement and operations teams. The PA will serve the needs of MB2 practices to identify opportunities for cost savings, review trends in supply spend and optimize purchases through the procurement platform. The PA will provide the operations team with data and recommendations for them to make purchasing decisions in the best interest of their practice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Generate supply spend reports on a regular basis for the operations team
- Builds strong rapport with operations leaders and doctors, and ensures delivery of timely reporting and analysis when requested.
- Conducts detailed spend analysis and benchmarking across the organization.
- Identifies and manages cost drivers and analyzes formulary compliance.
- Make recommendations to leadership for additional savings opportunities and strategies for pricing renegotiations.
- Tracks, analyzes, and publishes market trends on key supplies.
- Works closely with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective purchasing/sourcing strategies for identified functions of the organization.
- Partners with functional leaders and legal on contract negotiations, where required.
- Understand operational areas of opportunity and takes initiative to improve business results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Dental industry experience or three to five years of procurement experience preferred
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree or related field of study
- Proficiency with analysis/reporting tools
- Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to present before operations leadership and doctor owners
- Proven ability to gather and interpret complex quantitative or qualitative data
- Excellent relationship management skills