Grant Orthodontics has an opening for a Orthodontic Assistant here in Homewood,IL. We provide a working environment like no other dental office
you have ever seen! All of our staff members are provided training to make the transition to your new professional home.
- Communicates with the patients, orthodontist, and other team members effectively.
- Prepares all orthodontic treatment rooms in advance of orthodontic patient.
- Handles hazardous chemicals in a safe manner.
- Restocks all orthodontic treatment rooms and other clinical support areas.
- Performs periodic inventory of all orthodontic supplies.
- Responsible for traveling crate of orthodontic supplies between multiple locations.
- Welcomes patients to treatment rooms in a timely fashion.
- Keeps the patient schedule on time by being aware of the daily schedule, working efficiently and as a member of a cohesive team.
- Takes x-rays as prescribed.
- Assists the orthodontist with all registered dental assisting duties, including orthodontic procedures.
- Records treatment rendered.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene.
- Escorts patient to the business area for follow-up and scheduling.
- May be called upon to schedule next appointment.
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment after each patient appointment.
- Maintains cleanliness of treatment rooms and sterilization area.
- Can accept constructive criticism.
- Is proficient in using conflict resolution and problem-solving techniques in managing interpersonal conflict and patient complaints Is organized, motivated, committed and self-directed.
- Demonstrates ability to use assigned computer software and other equipment.
- Completes annual education and/or licensing requirements, if applicable.
- Maintains dependable job attendance.
- Adheres to all safety and infection control rules.
- Uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Complies with HIPAA and maintains confidential information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In depth knowledge of all orthodontics dental assistant duties.
- 1 year of previous experience assisting in an orthodontic setting.
- All required certifications for dental assisting.
- May be required to work some Saturdays as needed.