River Valley has an opening for a Hygienist in Maysville,KS. We provide a working environment like no other dental office you have ever seen! All of our staff members are provided training to make the transition to your new professional home. We offer all this and a compensation package that includes health insurance plans, a competitive bonus structure, PTO and 401k.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist/hygienist during dental procedures.
- Provide outstanding customer service for the patient; excellent chair side manner
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Take radiographs of patients using standard dental radiographic equipment
- Help clean the office and treatment rooms
- Coronal polish all surfaces of the teeth efficiently to assist the Hygienist during the patients preventative and/or periodontal visit.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow organizations safety policies and procedures
- Shadow and assist Hygienist
- Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by Hygienist.
- Have knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform job successfully
- Make post-operative calls to patients.
- Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- Order and monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory for Hygiene department.
- Assist with other office duties as requested or needed
- Schedule appointments, make any necessary calls to maintain a full hygiene schedule. Follow up with patient on any missed appointments and reschedule accordingly.
- Apply protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
- Placement of sealants as prescribed by Dentist.
- Prior Hygiene experience required
- Versed in Dentrix is required
- Dental Assistant license as required by state
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of all company policies and rules
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment